Tilly's Francoise dress and the shell top pattern from the latest Great British Sewing Bee book, with the added complication of a full lining. Because I found that the original Francoise dress that I made sticks to my tights and embarrassingly has a habit of riding upwards, I decided to try adding a lining to this dress. Better that than an old-fashioned petticoat.
Everything basically went completely tickety-boo for the most part. In fact for some bits adding a lining actually saves time and neatens the inside of the dress up. No bias binding for the bottom of the armholes, no interfacing etc etc.
I can't fault Tilly's instructions but, oh-my-goodness, for some reason what a fight I had. At one point I got so annoyed with sewing-unpicking-sewing-unpicking that I pretty much decided to give up sewing forever. At this point I had ended up with a bit of a mess at the top of the dress with the zip not really matching up with the top of the dress.
Anyway...for February's dress...I'm going for some gorgeous black and white geometric patterned fabric inspired by these pins. I'm going for perfectly inserted invisible zip and I'm going for slightly less angry sewing... and a slightly shorter hem line.